Last Updated on December 30, 2023
If you’ve never dined at one of his James Beard Award-winning chef restaurants, you don’t know what you’re missing. My wife and I have had the privilege of visiting Bourbon Steak in Dana Point, Orange County and Wit & Wisdom in Sonoma along with MINA’s Fish House in Kapolei, Oahu – all different and each thoroughly delightful.
An original concept, Michael Mina’s Orla will offer a distinctive and inspired menu celebrating the best of Greece and the surrounding Mediterranean regions.
Guests can expect a vibrant and convivial table experience where the essence of the Mediterranean’s lively markets and bazaars inspires every dish. Tradition meets innovation on the seafood-centric menu, which is deeply influenced by the culinary heritage of Greece, the fragrant spices of the Middle East, and Chef Mina’s tribute to the tastes and aromas of his childhood.
“Each dish at Orla is a reflection of the food I grew up with, transformed by the techniques I’ve honed throughout my career,” Chef Michael Mina said. “I’m excited to share this personal part of my culinary story with the world.”
A Taste of Orla’s Menu
A sampling of menu items the new restaurant will offer include:
- Urfa Dusted Big Eye Tuna: a playful and exotic dish that features crispy falafel and whipped tahini topped with spicy Persian cucumber.
- Chilled Lobster Salad is a visually stunning seafood salad combining succulent lobster with roasted nardello peppers, fresh avocado, and mango to add a burst of tropical sweetness with a garnish of saffron.
- Alexandria Fish Fry offers a modern take on the traditional Egyptian fish fry. Fresh white fish is lightly fried and placed into a chickpea spice crust topped with vegetable slaw and green tartar sauce.
- Gnudi & Lamb Meatball features Orla’s rendition of the classic Mediterranean dish that combines hand-crafted pieces of gnudi and savory lamb meatballs with dates, chutney and preserved lemon.
- Harissa-Grilled Lamb Chops, a multi-dimensional dish presenting marinated lamb chops with a tantalizing fragrance of harissa served atop a fava bassera with black-lime yogurt and fresh green peas.
Orla’s hours of operation will be from 4:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 4:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Reservations can be made by visiting Mandalay Bay online.
Orla is definitely on our to-do list for our next trip to Las Vegas. We can’t wait!